If you wet shave using a brush and shaving soap, then a shaving bowl comes in handy for working up a great lather and keeping your lather warm while you lather up your face.
There is a variety of different shaving bowls on the market and finding the best shaving bowl to meet your needs can make your wet shaving experience more luxurious. So, here is a look at some quality shaving bowls:
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
Kingsley Shave Soap Bowl with Lid (wood)
If you like the old fashioned look of a wooden shaving bowl, then the Kingsley shave soap bowl with lid may be just what you are looking for.
Features of this bowl include:
- Natural wood bowl with set on lid.
- Measures 3.75” X 1.75.
- The natural wood runs from medium to dark in color.
The Kingsley Natural wood shave soap bowl is an inexpensive addition to that wet shaving kit, which will look great sitting on your bathroom counter. It can also be purchased and used for holding those hair ties and other essentials you want to keep handy but out of site.
Overall reviews for this wooden shave bowl are good but somewhat mixed. While some users feel that it is too shallow and the stain comes off on the soap, other users find this shaving bowl to be both attractive and functional.
Here are the benefits people experience when using it:
- Wood Bowl Unlikely to Chip- Users really like the fact that the bowl is made of wood and therefore unlikely to chip when the handle of the brush bangs against it while working up a lather. It is also less likely to shatter if accidently dropped in the sink when using it.
- Nice Looking- It is also nice looking, adding another nice looking piece to the bathroom for decor.
Colonel Conk Model 111 Santa Fe Shave Cup (with Soap)
The colonel conk model 111 Santa Fe Shave cup is actually a handless shaving bowl made of pottery and finished with a nice glaze finish. Features of it include:
- Made of Southwestern style pottery.
- Handcrafted in New Mexico.
- Comes with 2.25 ounce of Colonel Conk’s world famous glycerin soap.
- Bowl measures 4.2” X 4.2” X 2”
- Curved lip to hold lather in the bowl and prevent it from spilling over the sides.
This Colonel conk Santa Fe Shave cup is an attractive cup that is easy to clean and hold in the hand while whipping up that lather for shaving. It will look good in almost any bathroom and appears to be well made and has a nice color.
Overall users really like this shaving mug and give it extremely good ratings and reviews. While a few worry that the handle of their shaving brush striking the edge of the bowl will result in chipping, they do feel that overall this is a good quality shaving bowl.
Features users find especially beneficial are:
- Texture great for working up a good lather- Although the inside of the bowl is quite smooth, users say it does have enough texture to work up an excellent lather, which is the purpose of a shaving bowl after all.
- Absorbs heat keeping lather warm- This item absorbs heat well and holds it so that it keeps that lather nice and warm when put on the face. (Shaving tip: Fill the bowl with hot tap water for a couple of minutes before using a warmer lather.)
- Fits Well in the Hand- People find that it fits nicely in the palm of the hand when holding it to lather up their face prior to shaving.
Edwin Jagger Porcelain Shaving Soap Bowl with Handle (black)
The Edwin Jagger Porcelain shaving soap bowl is an elegant looking shaving bowl with the company’s logo displayed on it. Let’s look at its features:
- Black Porcelain shaving bowl with handle.
- Knob on end of handle for better grip.
- Edwin Jagger logo.
- Measures: 4.8” X 2”
- Raised bars on bottom help to create better lather.
While the Edwin Jagger Porcelain bowl is slightly higher priced than many other shaving bowls on the market, it has a sophisticated high end look that many men will like.
Users really like this Edwin Jagger Porcelain Shaving soap bowl with handle and give it extremely good ratings and reviews. Benefits people enjoy when using it include:
- Raised Ridges on Bowl’s Bottom- Users find that the raised ridges on the bottom of this bowl makes it easy to whip up a nice thick lather.
- Retains heat Well- They also like the fact that it retains heat well, keeping the lather warm while applying it to the face.
- Nice Finish- People like the finish on this bowl, stating it looks good sitting on their bathroom cabinet.
In conclusion, a good shaving bowl can help to make your wet shaving experience with a safety razor far more enjoyable and relaxing. So, finding the best shaving bowl is simply a matter of choosing one that works well for you and looks good in your bathroom.