Choosing The Best Wet Shaving Cream
Wet shaving is best done with some type of cream, soap, or gel to soften those whiskers and help them stand up so that you can have a close and smooth shave.
There are so many variables in wet shaving and a lot of factors contribute to making it either an enjoyable experience or just a daily chore.
So, to say about any specific product that this is the best shaving cream would not be an accurate statement.
Let’s name a few of the factors which can influence your shaving experience:
- The type of brush you are using.
- The method of lathering like if you lather directly on your face or use a bowl to make the lather.
- In case of a thicker beard, washing the face with warm water or not so that you prepare the skin.
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
What To Look For In A Good Shaving Cream
A common problem faced by us guys is razor bumps. The main cause of such bumps is due to the curly hair growing in the skin after shaving.
If you have such problem, I would suggest that you buy shaving creams free of fragrance or just look for creams which are specialized for sensitive skin.
Going natural and organic is another solution to combat such issues. You should also avoid shaving against the grain which may not give you a very close shave but it will prevent hair from curling.
So, let’s have a look at some helpful tips for choosing the right shaving cream:
- Make a nice and thick lather.
- Be easy to load.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- A scent that suits the individual’s taste.
- Good priced since in the current state of economy, we have to watch out for the cost. To give you an idea, a good quality shaving cream should be around $2 per ounce.
In this review with some of the best wet shaving creams, we will take a look at the more popular creams so that you find the top of the range shaving cream. That way, you should be able to make a more informed choice.
Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Review
Those luxurious feelings of those old time barber shops, can be experienced by you in your own home with Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
The name Taylor of Old Bond Street brings to the mind’s eye those old time barbers shops of yesteryear where those fashionable barbers complete with their handlebar mustaches, shaved those aristocratic English gentlemen who breathed in the masculine scents of those fine shaving soaps and expensive aftershaves while they enjoyed the luxury of those close to the skin shaves, followed by a hot towel before going off to make their fortunes.
Features of this shaving cream include:
- Cream whips into a thick rich lather that prepares your beard for shaving while moisturizing your face.
- Rich woody blend of exotic sweet scented sandalwood and cedar, combined with just the right touches of lavender, rosemary, jasmine and rose.
- Comes with an included bowl for easier lathering.
- 5.3 ounces.
For those men who have found themselves wondering what life might have been like back in a more romantic time, this Sandalwood shave cream will give you a sense of some of that Old World charm and pampering.
This Old Bond Street Shaving Cream in its own bowl has well over 1000 reviews scattered over the Internet, indicating that it is a popular shave cream. Judging also by the ratings as well as what actual reviewers have to say, it is also an excellent shave cream.
While a few people me mentioned that the scent is a bit too strong for their taste, most men like the scent and find that this product has other benefits as well.
- Great Lather- Men who like a thick rich lather when wet shaving find that this shaving cream meets and even surpasses their expectations, creating a rich creamy lather they truly love.
- Smooth Close Shave- The majority of users also find that this shaving cream gives them a smooth clean shave and leaves their face feeling clean and fresh as well.
- A Little Goes A Long Way- People think that since this cream comes in a hard form, a little of it goes a long way, making it an excellent value for the money.
C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream with Eucalyptus Oil
C.O. Bigelow Premium shave cream with Eucalyptus oil is made by the popular Italian shaving product company, Proraso. Features of this product include:
- 5.2 ounces.
- Creamy softening lather protects all different skin types.
- Creamy cream with Eucalyptus oil leaves your face feeling cool and comfortable.
This tube cream can simply be put into the palm of your hand or the bottom of your wet shaving bowl and create a foaming lather from a small dab of this cream.
Most users like this shaving cream, stating that it is exactly like the high quality Proraso shaving cream, which makes sense since the same company makes both brands. This cream gets good reviews with men finding the following benefits:
- Great Lather- Just a nickle size drop makes enough lather to give you a wonderful cool clean shave.
- Softens Skin- Most people state that it leaves their face feeling soft and well moisturized.
- Long Lasting- C.O. Bigelow premium shave cream is long lasting, maintaining its lather throughout the entire shave without the need for a second lathering.
Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Shave Cream, 8 ounce bottle
Billy Jealousy Hydroplane shave cream may come in a plain looking little bottle, but the shave that you get when using this cream is anything but plain and ordinary. Features of this product include:
- It is designed to provide a superior razor glide while reducing irritations and cuts.
- Water soluble silicon beads.
- Natural citrus and mint fragrance without any perfumes.
- Uses no alcohol or menthol.
Users need to understand that this is not a lathering type shaving cream, but it still does a good job of softening those whiskers and helping the blade glide smoothly on the skin.
This Billy Jealousy shave cream gets exceptionally good reviews and ratings with the majority of men finding the following benefits when using this shave cream:
- Close Shave With No Red Face- Wet shavers who find that their face gets red and irritated after shaving, found that this lotion style shaving cream really does help reduce irritation and leave their face looking natural and free of irritation and redness.
- Little Dab will do Ya’- Just like the old Brylcream commercials, you don’t need very much of this shaving lotion/cream. Just a small bit will condition those whiskers and have them standing at attention ready to shave.
Finding the best shaving cream for your wet shaving can turn that simple morning ritual into a sublime and relaxing experience you will find yourself looking forward to.