Still, I must admit that a combination of these two creates a very manly look provided they are well groomed but it can also save you some money by having less frequent visits to the barbers.
However, before you decide to have long hair or even if your hair is already long, it can be useful to read the following tips.
- Invest in quality combs and brushes. You need at least one wide-tooth comb (ideal to untangle the hair when wet) and a quality brush with natural bristles.
- Find the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. With long hair its important to have a good conditioner otherwise you will be forever disentangling hair after shampooing. Shampoos and conditioners are full of irritating for your skin ingredients, so you might need to do a bit of research in more natural and organic alternatives to avoid irritations. For natural healthy looking hair argan oil shampoos are a good option because argan oil strengthens the hairs, softens and nourishes them nicely. To get an idea of organic argan oil shampoos, you can read our review on hair loss prevention shampoos.
- For long hair some natural oils can give you that healthy shine, softness and vibrancy you and other people around you love in long hair. Specifically, argan oil is used from many people with long hair to better hydrate, soften, condition and control thick hair. Also, it is very beneficial for damaged hair and unlike common hair products which try to cover up the problem and not treat it, argan oil is a natural product which people review that they love when it has to do with treating damaged hair and making them look healthy and pretty again. Another suitable natural oil for hair is Jojoba oil.
- Prior to washing your hair, comb it with a wide tooth comb and after applying the conditioner dentangle it with the same comb. I would strongly recommend not to use the brush on wet hair as it will result in hair breakage.
- Apply the shampoo using your finger tips to reach your scalp, so you wash the routes of your hair. After applying the conditioner, let it remain in your hair for few minutes before rinsing it.
- Make a visit to the hairdresser at least once every two months to cut the ends in order to avoid the split ends.
- The sun can be very damaging for your hair. UVA and UVB rays can be very harmful and can fade your hair as well as cause damage. A good sun screen is a must if you are exposed to the sun even for a shorter period.
- What you eat reflects on the health and shine of your hair. Follow a balanced diet with plenty of omega 3 foods and other nutrients like vitamins A, B, C, D, E, iron, magnesium, zinc, niacin, biotin and others. A healthy diet would not only make your hair look good but it will also prevent excessive hair loss.
- It is not good to wash your hair every day, because it can cause oiliness and oiliness can also lead to dandruff. Our best dandruff shampoo review may prove helpful in this case. When you choose hair products, make sure that they do not contain harsh chemicals which can be irritating and unbalance your scalp’s natural state.
- Don’t rinse your hair with hot water because it can really damage it, so the use of cold water is highly recommended.
- When you dry your hair, do not rub it with a towel but simply remove the moisture with little dabs. If you use a dryer, it should not be at a maximum heat. Also, try not to dry your hair fully but instead let it dry naturally.
In conclusion, if you have long hair or thinking of growing, the above tips for men with long hair will help you to maintain good health hair