The first question that might come into your mind when looking for the best collagen cream for men is how to choose one.
But first let’s see what a collagen cream is used for.
Collagen creams are common in both men’s and women’s skin care to boost collagen.
Collagen makes our skin elastic, firm and youthful but as the years pass by the body’s ability to create new collagen and keep intact the one it already has diminishes.
So, it is important that we find ways to create new collagen and preserve the one that our skin already has. Specialized anti aging skin care products can help delay the process of skin aging but there are also other methods to achieve that such as a healthy diet, exercising, stress reduction and good quality night sleep.
The use of a collagen cream is an easy way to prevent your skin from wrinkles and fine lines and make it look younger. However, you may be wondering just what ingredients you should look for in a good collagen cream.
What Ingredients to look for in men’s collagen creams
The first thing you should look for in anti aging skin care products is potent antioxidants and good quality natural ingredients.
Many skin care products contain synthetic fillers which are used as preservatives and to keep the cost of the product down but the fact is that they can cause dryness or even some irritations to sensitive skin.
So, the quality of the ingredients is very important for your skin to be able to boost collagen effectively and with no unpleasant side effects. For example, as I have just mentioned, dryness can be caused by synthetic ingredients which can lead even to premature aging instead of preventing it.
In addition, even if a collagen face cream has a few good components that promote your skin’s own natural collagen production, the existence of damaging ingredients could offset the function of the beneficial ones.
So, let’s take a closer look at some of those ingredients that a collagen cream should contain:
- Vitamins C and E: Free radicals can cause the skin to wrinkle and if left unchecked, they can age it to a great degree. By choosing a cream with natural vitamins C and E, you provide your skin with antioxidants which defend it against those free radicals. In addition, studies suggest that taking vitamins C and E both internally and using them in facial moisturizers can actually improve your collagen production levels.
- Retinol: Retinol is a form of vitamin A whose molecules are small enough to be absorbed in the skin. It can reach the dermis where collagen is produced and help to improve the production levels of this valuable protein.
- Keratin: While Keratin doesn’t actually boost new collagen production, it does work well with your skin’s own collagen to make your complexion more supple and elastic.
- Aloe Vera:Aloe Vera is a plant that is known for its healing properties. Often used to soften skin, which is important to preventing wrinkles, Aloe Vera can also help increase the production of the body’s natural collagen.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil contains antioxidants that fight free radicals. It also softens and moisturizes the skin as well as stimulates collagen’s production.
- Honey: Honey has both antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which will help your skin look healthy and keep it moisturized and supple, which is important when trying to prevent or reduce wrinkles. While honey doesn’t in any way increase collagen creation, it is still a beneficial ingredient to find in a face cream.
- Green tea: Another ingredient that has antibacterial properties and serves as an antioxidant is green tea. Again, this is not a component that actually promotes collagen production, but rather works to enhance the overall impact of an effective collagen cream.
Below, we have chosen some good options for collagen creams which can actually help you combat fine lines and wrinkles and have an overall younger looking skin.
OZ Naturals Super Youth Retinol Moisturizer is enthusiastically reviewed by users for its effectiveness and its quality organic and natural ingredients.
So, let’s see some of its features:
2.5% clinical strength retinol anti wrinkle and anti aging cream.
Contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin E.
No harmful ingredients like fillers, dyes, sulfates or parabens.
71% organic and vegan retinol formula safe for all skin types.
Made in the USA in an FDA registered facility.
Large 4oz size tube practical to use and carry.
Special offers available.
Money back guarantee.
What the reviews say?
People are very pleased with the results that this moisturizer gives them. Benefits they have experienced are reduced and less visible wrinkles as well as more firm and elastic skin.
It can also help brown sun spots to fade and balance an oily, combination or acne prone complexion. Overall, the skin feels softer, more supple and youthful looking.
The only thing you have to be careful with is that like with all retinol products it is better to wear a sunscreen if you are going to be out under the Sun or apply this collagen moisturizer when you are at home like during the night for example.
To conclude with, the best collagen cream for men should have a combination of moisturizing ingredients, antioxidants and collagen stimulating components so that what you get is an effective facial cream that will make your skin look more vibrant and handsome.