Best Shaving Soap For Men
Wet shaving with a safety or wet razor and getting a close comfortable shave depends as much on your choice of blades or your choice of shaving soap as it does the actual razor.
While having a good razor and blades is a must finding the best shaving soap for men can make a huge difference in just how close of a shave you get, and how much you enjoy this daily ritual.
If you are wondering if to go for shaving soap and cream, the difference between the two is quite simple.
They both do the same job and will give you a nice rich lather. Shaving cream is easier to apply as opposed to the soap which will need a bit more work to load the brush. But the shaving soap works out more economical as it will last you lot longer.
The important thing to remember when you are building the lather is not to use too much water. If the lather is showing bubbles it means you have too much water. The lather should be creamy and soft and should stay firm on the tips of the shaving brush.
So, here is a look at some of the best shaving soaps available on the market today.
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
- 1 Proraso Shaving Soap, Eucalyptus and Menthol (5.2 ounces) New Formulation
- 2 Proraso Shaving Soap with Green Tea and Oat For Ultra Sensitive Skin
- 3 Colonel Conk World’s Famous Shaving Soap Bay Rum
- 4 Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Hard Shaving Soap Refill 3.5
- 5 Van de Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap 2.5 ounce bars (Packages of 12)
Proraso Shaving Soap, Eucalyptus and Menthol (5.2 ounces) New Formulation
The Italian manufacturer of the Proraso shaving soaps is a well known and well loved company who has a fine reputation for creating shaving soaps that are designed to make shaving more of a luxury and less than a chore.
The Proraso shaving soap Eucalyptus and Menthol is extremely popular with users. Features of it include:
- Made in Italy.
- 5.2 ounces.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Made specifically to be used with a shaving brush.
Proraso shaving soaps are known for their rich thick lather and easy application and this soap is no different from the other soaps of this manufacturer. Most people who try it like it and feel that it enhances their wet shaving experience.
Users give this soap great ratings and reviews. While a few users thought that it is somewhat expensive compared to other shave soaps, most users believe that this Proraso soap leaves their face feeling refreshed. Other benefits users noted include:
- Pleasant Masculine Smell: Men like its smell, stating it is not too strong, but lingers pleasantly for a while after shaving.
- Smooth Shave: Many users feel they get a smoother shave using this soap with less irritations and fewer bumps and lumps.
- Thick and Smooth Lather: People like the fact that it creates an extremely thick and smooth lather.
Proraso Shaving Soap with Green Tea and Oat For Ultra Sensitive Skin
Proraso also makes a shaving soap specifically designed for men with ultra Sensitive skin. The Proraso Shaving soap with green tea and oat is a soothing shave soap with the following features:
- 100% authentic.
- Special sensitive skin formula that contains Oatmeal and Green tea to soothe complexion and improve skin health.
- 2 ounce bar.
While Oatmeal is known to soothe irritated skin as well as gently exfoliate those dead skin cells, leaving you skin looking and feeling healthier, green tea contains antioxidants that fight those free radicals which contribute to premature aging. So, your skin may look younger and healthier than ever before.
Users give the Proraso shaving soap with green tea and oats excellent reviews and feel they get the following benefits when using it:
- Less razor bumps: Men with sensitive skin find that using this soap results in fewer razor bumps and a smoother overall shave with far less irritations than they may have experienced using other brands of shaving soaps.
- Lathers Easily: People love how easy it is to whip this soap up into a good lather and they also like the fact that it goes on just as easily as it lathers up.
Colonel Conk World’s Famous Shaving Soap Bay Rum
Colonel Conk’s shaving soaps are extremely popular and the Colonel Conk bay rum shaving soap is one of the more popular brands. This masculine scented shaving soap contains the following features:
- Nice bay rum scent.
- 2.25 ounces.
- Contains soothing avocado oil and vitamin E.
- Bar is about 2 1/2” in diameter and 1” tall.
The bay rum scent will remind some men of those old fashioned barber shops where men could go, go shave for nickle or quarter and chat with others about the weather or the politics of the day.
This soap is bound to give most people an old world shaving experience as well as a modern close shave.
User reviews and ratings for the Colonel Conk Bay rum shaving soap are exceptionally good with most men really liking the shave they get when using this product. Benefits of it include:
- Closer Shave: Most men are surprised to discover that they can actually get a closer shave using this soap compared to creams and gels.
- No drying effects: Users who have experienced drying skin problems from other soaps, enjoy the fact that their skin feels good without that drying effect after shaving.
- Less Nicks: This soap lathers up well and allows your razor to glide across your face, resulting in fewer nicks and less irritations, which most people find impressive.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Hard Shaving Soap Refill 3.5
Taylor Of Old Bond Street is a Men’s Grooming Product Company that is considered to be one of the most established and high end grooming companies in England.
Features of their Sandalwood Hard Shaving Soap refill includes:
- Hard Shaving soap refill Sandalwood
- Rich woody blend with Floral Accents
- 3.5 ounces
Surprisingly this shaving soap combines a lot of different fragrances, Rosemary, Jasmine, rose, lavender, sandalwood, and cedar and still manages to come with an enticing masculine scent that most men really like.
What the Reviews Say
Reviews and ratings for the Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Hard Shaving Soap are exceptionally positive. Benefits of this soap include:
Lathers Well: Users feel that this soap up lathers up nice and slick and goes on great making it easier to get a close shave.
Scent: The men who used this soap, find the scent nice and masculine and long lasting.
Less Dry Skin: Users also find that this soap leaves their skin feeling clean and far less dry.
Van de Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap 2.5 ounce bars (Packages of 12)
Van de Hagen is a company that has been making Men’s shaving products for over a century.
Features of the Van de Hagen soap includes:
- 12 packages of 2.5 ounces of shaving soap
- 40% Moisturizer
- Aloe Vera and Shea Butter to help maintain skin’s natural moisturizer
- Softens tough skin and beard
This Van de Hagen Deluxe shave soap is an excellent value costing much less than many other brands on the market. It is a long lasting soap, perfect for wet shaving.
What the Reviews Say
Reviews for the Van de Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap are extremely positive with users finding several benefits from using this soap. These benefits include:
Light Clean Scent: Users like the fact that this soap has a light clean scent and easily rinses off, making it possible for you to wear your favorite aftershave without worrying about clashing scents.
Lathers Well: Users find that this soap lathers extremely well and the lather it creates is rich and creamy.
Goes a Long Way: Users claim that this soap goes a long way, making this twelve pack well worth it’s price.
In conclusion, wet shaving is more about than simply keeping those manly whiskers at bay, it is also about having an enjoyable and relaxing experience, feeling great at the end of your shave.
For this purpose, the above shaving soaps are considered to be best and well known for their shaving enhancing qualities.