How Soon Do Fine Lines And Wrinkles Appear?

Disclaimer: We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you purchase through our link on this page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!

Fine lines and wrinklesThe fine lines and wrinkles that are formed with each facial expression that we make and become invisible right afterwards, tend to deepen and settle permanently on our face year after year.

So, what triggers and speeds up the skin aging process and up to what extent can we prevent it or help repair the damage that has been inflicted over the years?

Wrinkles and Age

At the age of twenty, cell renewal takes place at a rapid pace and the skin stays youthful through the constant production of lipids and adequate hydration. Therefore, at this age the skin looks vibrant and glowing.

At the age of thirty, cell renewal slows down. The skin looks dull by the accumulation of dead cells on its surface and its protective barrier starts getting “cracks”. The most serious changes, however, take placein the skin´s deeper layers.

Let’s have a look at some of the skin changes at the age of thirty onwards:

  • Cellular metabolism slow down- The new cell production has already fallen to half!
  • Decrease in the production of collagen and elastin fibers which support the skin.
  • Reduction in the levels of hyaluronic acid, this precious natural ingredient that retains moisture in the skin and makes it look more youthful.
  • According to scientific studies, an increased production of a toxic protein called Progerin accelerates the aging of the skin cells.

Year after year, all these changes lead to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, and to skin sagginess.

Wrinkles, Environment and Lifestyle Habits

The biological aging of the skin is only 20% responsible for the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. For the remaining 80%, environmental factors and lifestyle habits are to be blamed.

The production of a huge number of free radicals due to our daily exposure to UV rays as well as the environmental pollutants and some unhealthy habits and life conditions such as smoking, stress, poor sleep, alcohol consumption and an unbalanced diet cause irreparable damage to the DNA of the cells of the skin and speed up aging.

Valuable structural components of the skin such as proteins and lipids get oxidized while collagen and elastin production reduces resulting to the skin becoming dry, losing its elasticity, and eventually showing premature signs of aging.

How to Slow Down Wrinkles

We know well that biological aging is inevitable and normal. On the other hand, the aging that is triggered by environmental factors can be controlled. It may be sometimes too difficult to take out of our lives all these factors that lead to the formation of wrinkles, but we can prevent, delay and reduce the aging damage in the following two ways:

1. By offering to the skin some enhanced protection and a more skin friendly lifestyle.

2. By choosing skin care products that are proven to have anti-aging and anti-wrinkle function, meaning that they are enriched with active ingredients that they are able to:

  • Moisturize the skin by reducing hydration loss.
  • Repair the protective barrier of the epidermis.
  • Activate cell metabolism and enhance the natural regeneration process of the skin.
  • Detoxify the cells from those toxic proteins.
  • Enhance the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid.
  • Help the skin repair the damage that has been inflicted to it by environmental factors.

In conclusion, fine lines and wrinkles can start appearing in your late 20´s and for some people prematurely appear even before, but it is up to you to find the right ways to slow down skin aging.

buy levitra buy levitra online