How To Lose Weight With Cinnamon And Lemon Ginger Tea
The tea of ginger, cinnamon and lemon is full of properties that are very beneficial for the health of the body, but in addition to this, it is also one of the best recipes we can prepare to lose a few extra kilos and eliminate the accumulated fat in some body areas such as the abdomen, legs or buttocks.
The combination of these three natural foods results in a purifying and detoxifying drink that accelerates the metabolism in an amazing way and, therefore, allows the amount of fats we burn daily to be considerably increased.
So, let’s find out more about this natural slimming tea, its benefits, how to prepare it as well as some contraindications relating to its use.
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
Benefits of Ginger Tea with Cinnamon and Lemon to Lose Weight
The infusion of ginger, cinnamon and lemon combines the properties of three products that are very effective in the burning of accumulated fat naturally, and the result is a slimming drink that helps eliminate toxins from the body and combat fluid retention.
So, now that you know how these three ingredients can help you in your goal of getting rid of those extra kilos, let’s have a look at the slimming properties of each of these foods:
Properties of ginger to lose weight
- Ginger contains gingerol and shogaol, two components that accelerate the metabolism and, therefore, cause the body to burn a greater amount of fat and consume more energy.
- It has a thermogenic effect, because when it is consumed, the body temperature rises and this also contributes to burning the accumulated fats more efficiently.
- It is filling and helps reduce appetite by raising the levels of serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that regulates the sensation of hunger.
- Eliminates accumulated toxins and combats fluid retention, which causes inflammation in different areas of the body.
- Improves digestion by increasing the production of gastric juices.
Properties of cinnamon to lose weight
- It is thermogenic, which helps accelerate metabolism and burn fat.
- Regulates blood sugar levels, and this reduces the amount of insulin and the amount of fat that accumulates in some areas of the body.
- Regulates intestinal transit and prevents swelling of the abdomen.
- Improves the function of the kidneys and contributes to the elimination of accumulated fluids.
- Reduces appetite and provides a feeling of fullness.
Properties of lemon to lose weight
- It is diuretic and eliminates all accumulated toxins which influence weight gain.
- Improves digestion and prevents suffering from abdominal inflammation or gas.
- Helps to burn more fats by accelerating metabolism and containing a flavonoid that acts as a natural fat remover.
- Reduces the sensation of hunger and favors the alkalization of the body.
Other Benefits of Cinnamon and Lemon Ginger Tea for Health
The infusion of ginger, cinnamon and lemon not only can accelerate weight loss but it has some other significant benefits for our health such as the following:
- Detoxifies the liver.
- Takes care of the gallbladder.
- Improve digestion.
- Relieves gases.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Fights colds.
- Controls high cholesterol.
- Eliminates excess liquids.
- Provides energy.
- Avoids cell aging.
- Alkalizes the organism.
How to Make Ginger, Cinnamon and Lemon Tea to Lose Weight
The recipe for ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea is very simple and it will take you just a few minutes to prepare it. Take note of the ingredients you must have and the steps you need to follow to prepare it correctly.
- 1 slice of fresh ginger root.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1/2 lemon.
- 1 cup of water.
1. Pour the water into a pot or saucepan and place it on the fire.
2. Add the ginger after you have grated it.
3. Add the cinnamon stick.
4. Let these ingredients cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
5. Squeeze the lemon to get its juice.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and pour the lemon juice into the mixture.
7. Finally, strain the obtained infusion to remove the grated ginger and cinnamon stick and serve it in a cup.
It is best to have one cup of this ginger tea to lose weight in the morning to enhance its fat burning effects. You can also have a second cup throughout the afternoon or after eating.
Remember that in order to enjoy some positive results and achieve weight loss in an effective and healthy way, you should combine the consumption of this slimming tea with a low calorie diet and a good routine of physical exercise.
Contraindications of Ginger Tea, Cinnamon and Lemon
Before drinking this tea, you should know what the contraindications of ginger tea, cinnamon and lemon infusion are as its intake is not recommended in the following cases:
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Patients with gastric ulcers, irritable bowel, gastritis and colitis.
- Patients with hypertension.
- People who are taking medicines for blood circulation or diabetes.
Also, keep in mind that whatever health concern you have, it is always recommended to see your doctor first. This article is for information purposes only.
All in all, it cinnamon and lemon ginger tea is a good natural way to lose weight but if you are dealing with other health issues, you should check first whether this natural tea is a good match with your overall health profile.