Philips Norelco QT4050 Vacuum Beard Trimmer Review
Trimming your beard and mustache at home can leave you with a sink full of hair, taking you more time to clean up than to actually groom yourself.
The Philips Norelco QT4050/41 Vacuum beard trimmer has made it possible to leave very little mess in the sink by providing you with a vacuum system.
- Holds a charge for an extremely long period of time.
- International battery charger allows you to travel anywhere.
- Good cutting performance.
- Incorporated Vacuum system.
- Doesn’t come with a carrying case.
- Not so great for trimming that mustache.
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
Features of the Philips Norelco 4050 Vacuum Beard Trimmer
The Philips Consumer Lifestyle 4050/41 Vacuum Beard Trimmer is designed to help you maintain that well groomed look while shortening the time it takes you to clean up after grooming.
Features of this trimmer include:
- Integrated vacuum system vacuums majority of hair trimmings while you trim.
- Contour comb follows the shape of your features for a more precise and even trim.
- 18 variable settings. (See below for more details).
- Precision lock on the length selector keeps the blade at the length you set.
- Stay sharp maintenance free blade doesn’t need oiling.
- Corded or cordless use. Lithium ion battery holds a charge far longer than traditional trimmer batteries.
- Low battery indicator light tells you when it is time to recharge.
- 120-240 Volt.
Hair Length Settings & Combs
It comes in 18 variable settings so you can trim your beard at the right length. Settings range from 1/32 of an inch to 23/32 of an inch. (1 to 18 mm)
You can also remove the guide completely and use the blade directly. Keep in mind that if you do so, it will give you a close shave.
Cleaning & Maintenance
It is not a washable trimmer but instead you are given a brush to clean all the bits of hair.
It requires no oiling and hardly any maintenance work, just make sure you keep the vacuum chamber clean. If this is full of hair, the vacuum system may not perform so efficiently.
Battery, Power & Cord
Philips Norelco QT 4050/41 Vacuum beard trimmer is designed for both corded and cordless use which gives you the freedom to do all your trimming jobs anywhere you wish.
It comes with a powerful Lithium-ion battery giving you 50 minutes of run time after it has been charged for eight hours.
The low battery indicator light is a convenient feature so you can leave it on charge before your grooming.
I find the vacuum feature to be very useful, but you should know that it would not vacuum 100% of the hair. As mentioned before, keeping the vacuum chamber clean will help its efficiency.
An interesting comment I saw from a wife was about the vacuum holding a lot of hair. It goes to show that if she is happy saying it does not leave any mess in the sink, it must be doing a good job.
What´s In The Box
When you open the box containing you Philips Consumer Lifestyle QT 4050/41 Vacuum beard trimmer, don’t expect to find a bunch of accessories that will quickly get misplaced or lost.
Philips keeps everything simple with this trimmer with the multiple built in settings. All you will find in this box is:
- The 4050/41 Trimmer
- Charging adapter
- Cleaning brush
What the Reviews Say
Reviews for the Lifestyle 4050/41 are good with most users stating that this trimmer does an excellent job of trimming their beard exactly the way they like it.
Ironically, most of the negative reviews have little to do with how well this trimmer trims and everything to do with the vacuum feature.
While most users do agree that the vacuum system does clean up the majority of the trimmed hair, it seems that some users expected this vacuum system to catch every stray hair and were disappointed when this did not happen.
Considering that even those carpet vacuums miss stray stands of dirt and hair, it seems somewhat unrealistic to expect this trimmer to vacuum up to 100% of the hair that is clipped.
Also, users mention that cleaning the vacuum after each use makes it more effective.
What Users Like
There are several things about this beard trimming tool that most users like, and some of the features that people found especially beneficial include:
- The Lithium battery holds a charge well. Not one user complained that the charge failed in the middle of use, and some users stated that the battery charge held up for several grooming sessions.
- International battery charger really does make this trimmer one you can take anywhere.
- Secure height adjustment. Once the height is set, it stays set until it is changed.
- Even trim.
- Lightweight design.
The trimmer measures 7.3 x 7.7 x 10.8 inches and weighs approximately 1 pound.
The Philips Norelco Vacuum Beard and Stubble Trimmer is backed by a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Philips Consumer Lifestyle QT4050/41 Vacuum beard trimmer seems to be well suited to most people who enjoy trimming their beard at home.
While some users were disappointed with the vacuum feature, almost all users have admitted that it vacuums a majority of clipped hairs, saving on time spent cleaning up.