Wahl 5537-1801 Cordless Beard Trimmer Review
Are you looking for an inexpensive beard trimmer that will help you keep that beard neat and tidy between trips to your barber shop, or growing the beard for the first time and not sure if you would continue with that look?
If so, the Wahl 5537-1801 Cordless battery operated beard trimmer may be just the beard trimmer for you.
In this review you will find all its good and not so good points. I would suggest that you check its price before reading the review since I think you will be impressed with all its features once you know the current price.
- Uses replaceable AA batteries so you don’t ever have to worry about charging time.
- Comes with several helpful attachments.
- Bonus ear, nose and eyebrow trimmer.
- Ideal for a beginner.
The Not So Good
- Looks and feels somewhat cheap.
- A bit loud for a trimmer.
Table of Contents - Click To Jump Ahead
Features of the Wahl 5537-1801 Cordless Beard Trimmer
Surprisingly for a beard trimmer that costs less than many small children’s toys, the Wahl 5537-1801 beard trimmer comes with several nice features which include:
- Beard trimmer has 5 position guides to help ensure you can keep your beard at just the length that looks good on you.
- High carbon steel blades that maintain sharpness.
- Comes in an 11 piece kit including: trimmer, 5 position guide, combs, mustache comb, blade guard, blade oil and storage base. Also included is a bonus nose, ear, and eyebrow clipper that runs on a single AA battery.
- Trimmer takes 2 AA batteries.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty.
What Comes in the Box
When you open the box containing your Wahl 5537-1801 beard trimming kit, you should find the following:
- Ear, nose, and eyebrow trimmer
- 5 position guide
- Guide combs for 1/16”, 1/8” and 3/16”
- Blade guard
- Mustache comb
- Storage base
- Cleaning brush
- Blade oil
- Instructions and styling guide
What You Should Know About This Trimmer
For those who are considering purchasing this trimmer, there are some things you really do need to know.
First, this is a beard and mustache trimmer. It is not designed to trim hair or to give you a professional all over shave. While it will trim up sideburns and some users have used it for cleaning up stray body hairs, it simply does not have the proper features or the power to give you day in and day out professional shaves.
What the Customers Have to Say
The Wahl 5537-1801 trimmer actually gets really decent reviews especially among those users who recognize the fact that you aren’t going to be purchasing a high end trimmer for a bargain basement price.
Among the more realistic users, the following advantages of this trimmer were noted:
• Light weight easy to take when traveling. At the price of this trimmer you don’t even have to worry if it gets left behind.
• Lots of attachments for the price.
• Does a good job as a general beard trimmer.
• Good trimmer for those younger gentlemen just sprouting facial hair.
• Some users use it for trimming body hair.
It is somewhat difficult to discuss the disadvantages of this trimmer for the simple reason that most of the disadvantages people listed were from people who had the same expectations for this trimmer as they would from a $40.00 or $60.00 trimmer.
However, here are the most often repeated objections to this trimmer.
• Looks cheap, made from plastic.
• Can’t really shave with it.
• Pulls hair occasionally.
While the Wahl 5537-1801 is certainly not the best beard trimmer on the market, most users agree that for its extremely low cost this trimmer actually does a good job of general beard and mustache trimming and even keep those sideburns looking good.
As long as you keep in mind that no trimmer with this low of price point is going to perform like a high end trimmer or groomer, you should be fairly happy with your purchase.